It’s like impossible not to marvel at the sight of a beautiful Ford pickup truck from the 80s, 70s, 60s, and 50s navigating the highway next to contemporary vehicles. This is a vision that becomes increasingly common as we move into rural areas where people know the value of keeping their vehicles in good condition. These vehicles do not look like they just left the showroom if they work as well as the first day, although most of them have known the heavy work for which they were originally designed.
The F-100 is one of the famous Ford F Series trucks and is widely seen throughout North America. Although more consumer-oriented than the larger work-oriented F-250 and F-350, the F-100s still carry a lot of cargo around American roads. As with any truck, fuel efficiency is not one of the selling points of the F100 compared to smaller vehicles. That said, it’s easy to squeeze a few more miles per gallon (kilometres per litre) from an F-100 with simple maintenance and few driving strategies.
Empower miles per gallon through maintenance
1. Inflate your tires to the levels stated in the manual of your F 100 or on the label that you should find placed inside the jamb of the door of the truck, next to the driver. Ignore the numbers in relief in the tire, since these only refer to the maximum safety pressures, not efficiency. Maintaining the right inflation level can give you up to 3.3 percent more miles per gallon (kilometers per liter).
2. Keep the engine tuned (up to 40%). Fixing a remarkably out of tune engine or not passing the emissions test can improve fuel consumption by an average of 4%. But this is the good thing: replacing a poorly functioning oxygen sensor can improve mileage by up to 40%. You can also opt for arclight fab F100 engine swap kits to boost your F100 efficiency. Because an old engine is could be not efficient. Of all the chemical energy in gasoline, only 15% becomes mechanical power that makes the car move. The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) in the US, notes that 17% of the force is lost when the engine is on standby and a higher percentage, 62, vanishes in the engine due to heat and friction. The arclight fab F100 engine swap kits has been remanufactured using specifications and measurements prescribed by highly specialized technicians, using equipment and components of the highest quality.
3. Take your car to an oil change. Dirty oil will cause the engine to run rough and burn more fuel. When you put the new oil, make sure it is the type of oil recommended in the manual of your F-100, and that it has a label or mark that designates it as “Energy Saving”. This can increase the mileage by 1 to 2 percent.
4. A vehicle used less frequently will need maintenance at longer intervals than one that is constantly used. A vehicle that travels unpaved and dusty roads should be checked more frequently than one that only knows the asphalt. Make sure you give your Ford F-100 the proper maintenance for your use and remember that no one has yet invented a maintenance-free car. Tune your engine regularly. Keeping the timing properly adjusted, cleaning the fuel and air filters, and cleaning the nozzles and spark plugs will lead to more efficient combustion. Collectively, these things can give you a 4 percent increase in miles per gallon (kilometres per litre), which jumps up to 40 percent in the case of a major repair (such as the replacement of an oxygen sensor). To find genuine spare sparts of Ford F-100, you can click here.
5. Aim for smooth acceleration, slow braking and easy turns when driving. This can have a huge impact on the mileage of your truck, especially on the road, where a smooth ride can get you a 33 percent improvement in mileage. On the streets of the city and workplaces, the improvement is smaller – up to 5 percent – but this is still a big change that of any other factor.
Where to look for help
Rates may vary depending on factors such as: the make and model of the vehicle, the labour charges and other services that are required to complete the installation of the engine. It is advisable to request several estimates from different suppliers to determine the best installation of the best engine for the best price. To find an auto parts store or a workshop that specializes in rebuilding and installing Ford F100 and which is on the list of centres recommended by the Enhanced Motors Council, visit arclight.