The first Ford F-150 came out in the year 1975, and since then it has become the most popular truck for the Americans, as it offered the best compared to its competitors. Jump to 2019, and it’s the 13th generation Ford F-150 truck being made by the company, and guess what? Its popularity hasn’t dwindled a bit, but its specs and features have gone a major upgrade.
2019 Ford F-150 comes in 6 different engine options, with each having amazing horsepower, torque and capacities:
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 – 290HP, 265 lb-ft torque, the maximum towing capacity of 7700 pounds, and maximum payload capacity of 1990 pounds.
- 2.7L EcoBoost Twin-Turbocharged Eco V6 – 325 HP, 400lb ft torque, the maximum towing capacity of 9000 pounds, a maximum payload capacity of 2470 pounds.
- 3.0L Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V6 – 250 HP, 440lb ft torque, the maximum towing capacity of 11400 pounds, a maximum payload capacity of 2020 pounds.
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 – 395 HP, 400lb ft torque, the maximum towing capacity of 11600 pounds, a maximum payload capacity of 3270 pounds.
- 3.5L EcoBoost Twin-Turbocharged V6 – 375 HP, 470lb ft torque, the maximum towing capacity of 13200 pounds, a maximum payload capacity of 3230 pounds which is higher than its other variants.
- H.O. EcoBoost Twin-Turbocharged V6 – 450 HP and torque of 510lb ft which is higher than all other engines, the maximum towing capacity of 8000 pounds, a maximum payload capacity of 1200 pounds.
But that’s not all, the 2019 Ford F-150 is made with high strength military-grade aluminium alloy body, which is light in weight but just as powerful as steel. It also comes loaded with a lot of features and specs such as
- Pre Collision Assist – This feature allows your truck to stop by itself if some pedestrian is in your way and you fail to notice them in time.
- BLIS – Blind spot information system or BLIS can tell you when a vehicle is detected in your blind spot or your trailers blind spot.
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist – This is a feature which allows you to back up your trailer with just rotating a small knob, it is highly convenient, but it is class-exclusive.
- Dynamic Hitch Assist – This feature allows you to easily hitch your truck to a trailer by showing the path with dotted lines.
- Smart Trailer Tow Connector – It monitors your trailer and shows if there is something wrong with the connections in your trailer.
- 360 Degree view – 2019 Ford F-150 comes with four cameras which shows you a 360-degree view around your vehicle. It shows the view of all cameras in the productivity screen with the split-screen view.
- Adaptive cruise control – This feature controls your speed when you are driving on the road and your truck can slow down or speed up by itself by detecting the vehicles ahead, pretty cool right.
2019 Ford F-150 comes in 7 models and 13 different colours:
- Ford F-150 XL
- Ford F-150 XLT
- Ford F-150 LARIAT
- Ford F-150 King Ranch
- Ford F-150 Platinum
- Ford F-150 Limited
- Ford F-150 Raptor
But for Truck Enthusiasts who want to modify their Ford F-100 series trucks or want to have it lowered, which looks pretty cool, to be honest, can get a Ford F-100 lowering kit which will help you a lot when you want to rebuild your truck.